Can the Jira Cloud Admin manage login settings for project users?

amplifon.jira@prismaprogetti.it November 27, 2018

Hi,

when creating a user who has to enter a new password, a system message appears that the password must have length between 8 and 100 characters, but where can you change this setting? Is it possible for the jira administrator to manage the sign-up settings? Like the lenght of the password, or the number of attemps for a user to login?

Also, where can I see the Jira version I have?

BR

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2018

JIRA Server have four different options how to set the password policy of the users.

It should be In the Cog Icon --> System --> Password Policy

• Disabled
  • Basic
  • Secure
  • Custom

By default Password Policy is disabled but you can choose any pre-configured options like Basic and Secure.

If you are not satisfied with it you can set your own policy that suits you own needs.

--

For the server version you can always see it in the footer, you will see the version and the build number, at a glance you can even see if the instance is licensed or not.

amplifon.jira@prismaprogetti.it November 30, 2018

Hi Bryan,

I'm Jira Admin in a Jira Cloud Account but i can't see the section Password Policy in the settings sub-menu. 

Also, where can I see the Jira Cloud version I have?

Can Jira Cloud Admin see this feature?

BR

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2018

Hi,

For Cloud you can manage the password policy in Atlassian Access. 

https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/atlassian-access

Navigate to:

Site Administration --> Security & Organization --> Security 

If you don't have an organization please create one and verify it.

amplifon.jira@prismaprogetti.it December 4, 2018

Hi Bryan,

we don't want create an organization but we need to know these information, could you tell us how our user is configured?

• Minimum password lenght
  • Complexity password
  • Expiring password
  • Auto-logoff application
  • Number of attemps for a user to login

At last, we need to know also the Jira version.

Sure to your support, have a nice day.

Best regards.

Suggest an answer