Can't use issueFunction in script runner enhanced search?

Narendra Kumar October 28, 2020

Hi Team,

We are trying to use the following query : issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("labels = 'XXXX'", "Contains")

But it says : Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

We're on jira cloud version and having script-runner valid license.

Let us know the cause of this error.

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,
Narendra

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2020

Hi Narendra,

I can confirm that the error which you are recieveing is the one documented inside of the knowledge base article located here  which explains that inside of ScriptRunenr for Jira Cloud you must run these queries on the Enhanced Search page.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Kevin Chu August 5, 2021

Hi Kristian, we have scriptrunner installed on jira cloud, but I'm not seeing what you're referencing in those docs to solve.    https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4jc/latest/scriptrunner-enhanced-search/comparison-with-scriptrunner-for-jira-server

But it doesn't say what to use instead for cloud compatibility.  Can you please elaborate?

2 votes
Becca April 9, 2022

To help other that may be struggling with this - I found that sometimes manually typing out the query in Jira Enhanced Search doesn't work or identify the function being used (see my above post for an example) - instead for reasons I don't know and which weren't clear via the documentation, I had to build the query using the provided query/function builder.

2022-04-09 09_50_21-ScriptRunner Enhanced Search - Jira.png

2022-04-09 09_51_28-ScriptRunner Enhanced Search - Jira.png

Cash Coyne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2023

Yes!  TYVM!  This worked for me with the same issue!

0 votes
Becca April 8, 2022

We're having the same problem:

1) Are trying to use the Jira scriptrunner advanced JQL function linkedIssuesOf

2) Exact JQL =

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = EVAL and resolution = unresolved","ADHOC to SDLC Relationship")

3) We are using ScriptRunner Enhanced Search in Jira Cloud (not the regular search toolbar)

4) We're getting the result: Function 'linkedIssuesOf' does not exist

2022-04-08 08_56_30-ScriptRunner Enhanced Search - Jira.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

Kristian's answer is still right.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2020

that function is associated w/ Scriptrunner. Do you have that addon?

Narendra Kumar October 29, 2020

Yes @Jack Brickey  we're having the valid license of Scriptrunner. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2020

In that case please see Kristian's answer as it is the correct answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events