Can't create hierarchy Levels for initiative

jenny mckenzie July 2, 2020

I have been working through the online Documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-802170489.html

And I after several hours and other admins also trying we are unable to add an Initiative issue type into a hierarchy

The initiative issue type is created but can not find a way to edit the hierarchy or add it to the backlog panel view.

I have no option for advanced roadmap admin, Plans or Portfolio settings! 

Can anyone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

Hi @jenny mckenzie ,

I'll try to assist you on this,

I'm assuming you are a site admin using JIRA Cloud with Standard plan since this is tagged in this question.

Something that brought my attention is that you are not seeing any advanced roadmap admin area;

As recent changes now Advanced Roadmap is being part of Premium plan and I think this is the reason that you are not seeing any options. See pricing FAQ below:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps/pricing

jenny mckenzie July 5, 2020

Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks Italo

0 votes
Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

So do you see the Plans drop down? If you do click that and you should see the Administration link. If you don't then you probably don't Advanced Roadmaps admin permission. If you are a Jira Administrator go to the Manage Applications section and check that the add-on is properly enabled. If it is then on the same page in the left hand panel you should have a section where you can check the permissions and see the hierarchy setup link. See screenshot.

Annotation 2020-07-02 165437.png

jenny mckenzie July 5, 2020

Thanks Andrew, Hmmm no that link is not an option for me! Nor is finding the app management plug in :(

Rodney Woodington February 19, 2021

I'm having same issue. Can Hierarchy only be managed/updated in Jira Premium?

SK April 18, 2023

I am having this issue although we are on Premium Plan 

I do see advance roadmap hierarchy but upon clicking it takes me to overall project settings of hierarchyPicture1.jpg  

Ravi May 24, 2023

Same issue with me as well. Even though I'm in a premium plan, I can add Initiate hierarchy as Number 2 in the hierarchy but not as Number 1. Epic always stays in the place of Number 1. Jira Issue.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events