• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't create hierarchy Levels for initiative

I have been working through the online Documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-802170489.html

And I after several hours and other admins also trying we are unable to add an Initiative issue type into a hierarchy

The initiative issue type is created but can not find a way to edit the hierarchy or add it to the backlog panel view.

I have no option for advanced roadmap admin, Plans or Portfolio settings! 

Can anyone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi @jenny mckenzie ,

I'll try to assist you on this,

I'm assuming you are a site admin using JIRA Cloud with Standard plan since this is tagged in this question.

Something that brought my attention is that you are not seeing any advanced roadmap admin area;

As recent changes now Advanced Roadmap is being part of Premium plan and I think this is the reason that you are not seeing any options. See pricing FAQ below:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps/pricing

Ah okay that makes sense. Thanks Italo

So do you see the Plans drop down? If you do click that and you should see the Administration link. If you don't then you probably don't Advanced Roadmaps admin permission. If you are a Jira Administrator go to the Manage Applications section and check that the add-on is properly enabled. If it is then on the same page in the left hand panel you should have a section where you can check the permissions and see the hierarchy setup link. See screenshot.

Annotation 2020-07-02 165437.png

Thanks Andrew, Hmmm no that link is not an option for me! Nor is finding the app management plug in :(

I'm having same issue. Can Hierarchy only be managed/updated in Jira Premium?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,073 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you