Can't create a board from saved filter

Jaipal Singh April 15, 2021

Hi,

each time I create a new project I always get an option to use templates and don't seem to get the option to create anything from a saved filter. It's proving to be quite frustrating as even the latest cloud documentation seems to suggest I should be able to.

I've successfully managed to save a filter - just can't use it to make a board

Help appreciated!

3 answers

0 votes
sophie castro-davis January 20, 2022

In my case, I was able to resolve by saving my filter with a new name and then searching for that one. 

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Hi, @Jaipal Singh ! 

Sounds strange. Can you show the screen of board creation?

Have you already read the docs about board creations - Create a Scrum or Kanban board based on filters ? 

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

To create a Scrum or Kanban board based on filters

Before you begin, you must have access to at least one saved issue filter — either your own filter, or one that someone else has shared with you. If you don't, you need to create and save a new issue filter first.

sophie castro-davis January 19, 2022

I have the same issue when following the linked instructions. I have a saved public (for my company) filter but when I try to create a kanban board from filter, it says "no matches" when I search by the filter name (I also tried searching by the filter number). 

I tried creating a board from the all boards view and from the board search side panel view. Same results either way. 

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2021

Hi @Jaipal Singh  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you tried doing it from the all boards list?

myCompany.atlassian.net/jira/boards

Select create board > select a type > then select to create from existing saved filter

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events