- OS : Ubuntu 16.04
- Database : MySQL 5.7.27-0
- Jira 8.4.2
1. Ubuntu 16.04
2. MySQL : DB creation complete. Language, Permission setting complete.
3. Jira installed
4. jdbc connector : Copy (/opt/atlassian/jira/lib)
5. my.cnf setup not complete. (I'm testing it by changing the settings.)
Jira connection (First time) > Database type
- Select to 5.7+ : Connection Fail.
- Select to 5.6 : Connection success.
1. Is it caused by the "my.cnf" setting?
2. Which of the three files below is correct?
3. Let me know if you have any example file.
Sorry to hear that you appear to be having problems setting up Jira with a MySQL 5.7 database on the back end.
We do have a comprehensive guide for setting up Jira to use this database type over in Connecting Jira to MySQL 5.7. I would recommend trying to follow this guide very closely. I have seen a number of users inadvertently select the incorrect jdbc driver from mysql's website because it is newer and that can cause Jira to not be able to use this database. Just to clarify all the current versions of Jira server that want to connect to a MySQL database are expected to use the recommended MySQL driver JDBC Connector/J 5.1.
That guide also details expected my.cnf configurations for Jira to work properly with that database. Try following this guide very closely, I am confident that this will help to resolve this problem.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns about this kind of setup.
When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events