Can't assign fix version to task

JessieC June 8, 2021

I have set up a project and created a version within that project. I can't assign any of the tasks within the project to a version. There is no fix version field in the tasks. I'm using the free version of Jira.

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

Hello @JessieC 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say which it is at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.

Typically the Fix Version field will display in the pane on the right when viewing the issue. If you don't see it there, check for the "Show More" link in that pane that will show more fields, click that and see if it displays. If that does not do it, look for the Configure Fields link in that pane, click it, and confirm that the field is included in the display.

If those suggestions don't resolve the issue, please provide screen images of what you are seeing when you have clicked those links.

JessieC June 10, 2021

In the end I figured this one out. The solution was: 

Go to the project > Project settings > Issue types > Field configuration for my issue type and change the default field configuration. The field "fix version" needed to be added to the screens for creating and viewing this type of ticket. Not a super intuitive process but I found it.

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events