Can't assign a task to a member

Nacho Martín August 23, 2022

Hi,

I have created a project in which we are 3 people. 

When I create a task, I can only put me and one of the other members as a responsible, but not the third one and I don't know why.

Additional info: this third member CAN put herself as a responsible of any task.

Thanks for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Nacho Martín and welcome to the community.

What do you mean by "responsible"? Assignee, reporter or another field?

Usually assigning a task to someone else need two permissions:

• Assign issues permission (so that YOU can be able to assign an issue)
  • Assignable user permission (so that A USER can be assigned to an issue)

There is another permission, which is the modify reporter, which change the reporter.

So kindly provide more details and/or screenshots so that we can help you.

Nacho Martín August 23, 2022

Hi Alex,

I don't know the exact translation because I have it in spanish, but I'm 99% sure that I'm talking about the "assignee".

I attach 2 screenshots. On the first one you will see the members. I am Nacho Martin and I am the admin of the space. Then we have Judith and Ibtissam (is she who I can't assign as "assignee" on the tasks).

On the second screenshot, you will see that, once I deploy the "assignee" tab, Ibtissam doesn't appear.

Thanks!Cap1.pngCap2.png

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

Did you try to type that user's name into that field?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

Hi @Nacho Martín  - I am marking Alex's response as accepted. Please let us know if you still need assistance. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events