Can't add the "Epic Name" field to a team-managed project

Logan Cummins May 11, 2023

Hi there everyone, I have a very frustrating problem I have spent hours on that I hope you can help me with.  A co-worker created a team-managed project.  (it's the only team managed one we have out of about 20 total projects).  As I was putting together a query to search with the parameter of "Epic Name" I noticed that it wasn't showing up as a potential field for that project.  After reading about 40 articles it's beginning to look like I can't simply add this field when I go into the project settings > Issues > Fields > Custom fields.  It will let me add a label of some sort and name it "Epic Name", but it's not showing up when I try to query for "Epic Name"  when searching my instance of Jira globally.  Am I out of luck?  Do I need to create a company managed project and use the same issue scheme we used for all our other projects?  I just want a way to add that exact field to the Epics in the new team-managed project, but it's looking like it's not possible.  Please help!  :/.  (I am an admin)

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Logan Cummins,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Epics in a team-managed project doesn't have Epic name, it is using the Summary as the name, similar to the change that is now rolling out the company-managed projects.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events