Can't add columns in Issues summary page in Jira Software

John O_Reilly September 19, 2022

In JSM it's easy to add columns in the Issues summary page that map to fields (some custom, some standard) in the tickets. This is very helpful for summary views.

How do I do this in Jira Software? I get no Edit Queue when clicking the ellipse in the upper right and when I click More+ in the filter I don't see the fields i need. I want a couple custom fields from Tasks to show in the Issues summary page

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Hello @John O_Reilly 

Are you talking about the list you get when you click on the "Issues" option in the navigation pane on the left? That particular display does not support customizing the columns/fields to be displayed.

The More+ button is for adding more fields to the filter being used, not to add fields to the columns displayed.

If you want more options for the columns displayed, you would need to go to Filters > Advanced Issue Search, and create/execute your filter there. You can change that output to display in List view also, and there you have more flexibility to add fields/columns to the output.

Hmm, that's poor design then, IMO. Why would Atlassian provide that function in JSM but not JS? Sure, I can share my filters but that's several unnecessary steps when the whole team wants this view.

I suggest Atlassian put this on the product roadmap to allow this functionality in JS.

Thanks for your answer

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

The target audience and purpose of Jira Service Management and Jira Software projects are different.

"Queues" in a Service Management project and "Issues" (lists in Jira Software Agile Boards" serve different purposes.

Therefore, the functionality is likely to be different.

If I read this post correctly, some people have had luck changing the columns of the All Issues screens by changing the System Defaults column through Advanced Issue Search. I have not been successful at that.

You can provide your feedback directly to Atlassian by clicking on the ? button near your avatar and selecting the Give Feedback option. You could also open a support case with Atlassian Support to find out if there is already an issue about this in their backlog. So far I have not found one, but I may just not be entering the right search criteria to find it.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

I do understand the different purposes for JS and JSM, my team and I use both.

So I'm not the only one who wants this functionality in JS. If people have to jump through several hoops to do something that is easily accomplished in JSM, the function should be added to JS. The Issues summary page is effectively the same as All Open Tickets in JSM. Why not have them function the same?

I know that's not your call Trudy, and I appreciate your prompt answers. My suggestion is intended for the Product Teams at Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events