Can't add Components Field to Issue Context and New Issue Creation Default

Elissa Fontaine October 1, 2021

Hi there, 

I have created components for my project but now can't add the "components" field to the issue context fields nor can I add it to the default fields for when we create new issues. 
Is this an admin setting? Where should I look for for this option?

Thanks! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

Hi @Elissa Fontaine and welcome to the community!

You have to add fields to screens. To do that in your project, and assuming that you are in a CMP, then:

• Go to project settings > Issue types
  • Locate the issue type to which you want to add the component and click on the link under the column "Screen"
  • Click on the individual screens that will appear on the next screen and add (scroll down) you component field (start typing and once located, click it and then click add)

Hope that helps!

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ thanks for the quick reply! I assume you need to have admin rights to do so, correct? 

Thanks! Elissa

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

You are assuming correct!  :)

Then I will start by contacting the admins. Thanks Alex!

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2021

You are most welcome! Kindly mark this answer as accepted, in order to help other in the community! Thank you! :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events