I have two custom fields - one is called "requirement" and other is called "Approved requirement". I'd like for the "Approved requirement" custom field to be non-editable, except by certain users (for ex. project manager). When an issue is created, the requirement text is entered into the "requirement" field. An approval workflow will be created to ensure that the project manager reviews and approves the "requirement". Once approval is provided, I'd like for the "Approved Requirement" field to be populated with the text from "requirement".
If automated update of the "Approved Requirement" is not possible, the project manager can manually update the "Approved Requirement". Regardless, the key is that read/write access can be determined for the "approved requirement" field.
How can I implement this?
Hi @Girish Ramachandran ,
I would like to recommend to
1. Remove "Approved requirement" from create and edit screens
2. Create a new transition say "Approve Requirement" and allow only project admins, managers to perform this transition. You can add a postfunction to this trasnsition to copy the field value from "requirement" to "Approve Requirement" (if requirement has a value). You may also add the field to the transition screen.
Once the issue is transitioned, the value will be displayed on the view screen.
On a separate note, if you are using Requirement Approved as a status, you may not need a field to capture Approve requirement (kind of repetitive).
Thank you @Niranjan
This sounds like a very elegant solution.
Could you send me some links or information on how to setup the create, edit and view screens?
For your context, I am currently only using Default field configurations and I do not have any Field Configuration schemes. Also, I only have default screen and screen schemes.
1. You need to copy the screens and screen schemes. Do not make changes to the default screen schemes.
2. You must able to confiure create issue, edit issue , view issue screen under screen schemes.
3. Remove the field "Approve Requirement" from create and edit issue. Add it only to view screen
4. Copy the workflow and workflow scheme.
5. Add a transition "Approve Requriremnt witha transtion screen,
6. Add a postfunction for the transition to copy value from requirement to Approve Requirement (if requirement field is not empty). You can do with plugins like JWME or script runner
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events