Can issue migrate though different board?

Tomasz Osik January 11, 2022

Hi,

I am trying to implement "change process" using boards. PMO team have everything what is required for BA to work on and once he will be ready to pass change to BA he will drag and drop label into column, lets say "High Level Scope" and then this issue will appear on BA Change Board. Once it is ready to test BA will move it to Test and Test team will receive it on their board.... and so on. 

I was trying to find any information but... no luck. Could anyone advise?

Best regards

Tomasz

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi Tomasz,

You would change the workflow for the movement of individual issues. If you want a card to show on multiple boards, you do that by changing the Board Filter used by the Board. 

Tomasz Osik January 12, 2022

Hi,

Thank you for response, could you please elaborate a little bit more about proposed solution? I am not sure if i understood it correctly. All projects, relevant ones, would need to amend their workflow to allow issue to be moving through boards on different project? 

Is there any guide of how to achieve it? 

Best regards

Tomasz

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Can you provide an exact scenario to use? 

Are the workflows and columns already in place for each board to handle the changes for that project? 

Tomasz Osik January 13, 2022

Hi,

We have BA Board 

BA BOARD.jpg

Once issue lands in GO Live Planning it then would land on different board for Deployment Engineer, Awaiting Processing:

Deployment tracker.jpg

Once it is done it will go back to BA Board and be visible on Completed column. 

Hope that make sense :). Really appreciate your help :)

Kind regards

Tomasz

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

Okay, I understand better now. I assume the two boards use different projects? Do they have different workflows in each project for the same issue type? 

Hi,

Yes, these are 2 different project however they share standard workflow. Same issue types.

Kind Regards

Tomasz

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

Great! Then you can just modify each board filter to to show the cards on that board when it is there. 

Something like this for the Deployement board fielter:

Project = Deployment or (project = BA and status = "Go Live Planning") Order by Rank

Hi,

I will check this out later on today :) thank you for a tip. Will let you know if this worked :)

Best Regards

Tomasz

Like John Funk likes this
Tomasz Osik January 18, 2022

Hi,

I do apologise for delay, I have added filter to my board:

1.jpg

and the moved issue to correct status

2.png

However i could not see it on my board. Am i doing something wrong?

Best regards

Tomasz

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

You need to follow my syntax above

Tomasz Osik February 10, 2022

Hi,

Do apologise for a late reply. I have chnaged syntax but still no joy. How does it looks like is:

1. Quick Filter:

Project = "Change Tracker" OR project = "IT Change Team" AND status = "GO LIVE PLANNING & CAB" ORDER BY Rank

2. Issue on "IT Change Team moved into GO LIVE PLANNING & CAB:

1.jpg

3. On Change tracker board this is not visible

Please advise :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

It MUST have the parentheses in the query as it appears in my example or you will get different results.

Tomasz Osik February 10, 2022

Hi,

I am sure that i did put them in. Jira Cloud version is dropping them for some reason

2.jpg

3.jpg

Not sure what i can do more to accomodate requirement.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer