Can i use my own email

Lesego December 1, 2020

Hi Guys please help, how can i use my own email to be the default email address instead of the one provided by the software? 

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

HI @Lesego ,

Do you mean incoming or outgoing?

Changing the outgoing email sever is not allowed 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/restricted-functions-in-jira-cloud-applications-776636921.html

You can however set it to send email "on behalf of your domain"

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-jira-cloud-to-send-emails-on-behalf-of-your-domain/

Otherwise you'll have to use an addon like "Email This Issue" where you can specify outgoing/incoming emails and more triggers.

Lesego December 1, 2020

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

Thanks for reverting back to me.

This is for incoming where the users need to send an email to our address it then needs to open a ticket on the Jira system.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2020

That should not be a problem.

On your project you can also specify a specific address to read from. It will not replace the default one but it will be in addition to.

so as long as you don't communicate the other one it will be fine :)

When you go to Project Settings -> Email Requests  you should see the ability to connect a custom email

image.png

Lesego December 1, 2020

Awesome!

I seem to be on the right track, however the email address  i want is an organization one and each time Microsoft prompts me to use my direct one, is there a way to bypass this?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2020

Ah I guess that is because you are currently logged in to that Microsoft Account.

Perhaps try using an InPrivata/Incognico window to link the account? Or just log out of your own microsoft account temporarly :)

It indeed seems to just redirect you directly to the microsoft page where you need to allow access and you don't get to choose an account (most likely cause you're logged in)

Suggest an answer