Can i attached issue to yhe group ?

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Business have a different bussines units ( accounting, managers, law etc).

Can i create an issue and have a field where i can mark the group. So than on the board a member of this group can see a task for his business unit for ex accounting.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Stanislav  - Yes, you can create a custom field to hold those values. I would suggest a single pick list where you add in the values you want. Then you can create a board or filter based on those values for the business units. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

you could also use Components if that works w/ the added benefit of leveraging component lead for assignment. you could also use Labels but not a big fan. Regardless use Quick filters to allow groups to see only their issues

Like Stanislav likes this
Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

This filter contains all grops from the project ?

And the name of the filter is "Group picker"?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2021

No, you would create a custom field of Select List (single choice) type. You can call the field whatever you want to call it. 

Then use the new custom field and and values in the filter for each Business Unit. 

Or you can create components as Jack suggest and update the filter to use the component field instead. 

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2021

Thanks!

And if i use custom field (department) and add there a few fieldes for ex (Accounting,HR, Law). Can  i use filter to find issue marked with law in my custom field department. And if i can what syntax i need to use.

I also like jaxk answear but its too complex for me. Dont understand how to configure it for my needs.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Yes, you can use the combination of those fields if you want. The syntax is simply:

custom_field = Law    or in your case, Department = Law

Like Stanislav likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events