Can an inactive workflow scheme be "Generated by JIRA Software version 1001.0.0-SNAPS..."

Mandy Parker August 20, 2021

How can i tell if the following description on a workflow scheme is genuine?

Generated by JIRA Software version 1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT. This workflow scheme is managed internally by Jira Software. Do not manually modify this workflow scheme.

Since a large number of the schemes have this text i suspect it is a result of copying and not editing the description.

There are a lot of INACTIVE workflow schemes with this description which i want to delete but the description makes me wary of deleting despite them being inactive.

Can this description be genuine for an INACTIVE workflow scheme?

Similarly we have a lot of ACTIVE workflow schemes with this description which i suspect need the description deleting to avoid confusion .. but how do i know if it is correct?

1 answer

1 vote
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2021

Hi @Mandy Parker ,

Welcome to the community. 

These schemes are created with new Jira projects and are used for the simplified workflows.

If you edit them, the simplified workflow feature does not work anymore, but the workflow itself will not be broken. 

If you don't want to keep the inactive workflows as backup anymore, you can just delete them.

Tom Hudgins May 23, 2023

I'm confused by your answer. Are you talking about INACTIVE workflow schemes - if you edit them the simplified workflow features does not work anymore????

That doesn't seem right.

I'm running into this same problem. I'm trying to clean up inactive workflows and schemes and this text in the description is giving me pause - but only on INACTIVE items. 

So if I delete an INACTIVE workflow scheme, does it break anything? 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

If you delete an inactive workflow, it does not break anything. 

If you want to keep the simplified workflow feature in a project, you should not edit the workflow in that project. 

The description for the workflows is generated when the project is created. If a workflow becomes inactive, the description will not change automatically. so if you don't edit it manually it will still state that you should not edit it in order not to break anything. 

Like Tom Hudgins likes this
Tom Hudgins May 23, 2023

Thanks for the clarification.

Suggest an answer