Can a status be added AFTER Done related to User Confirmation after something is released to prod?

Sandy Hayes April 19, 2023

My team is a Company Managed Jira software project. The issue we keep coming across is that the development team and the support team have different definitions of "Done". When the dev team completes work prior to production, they want to mark the story or bug done so it doesn't roll over to another sprint. 

The support team wants to leave the Jira open until the fix is in production and the user confirms the issue is resolved. 

The development team is asking us to remove their Team (related to their active sprint board and metrics) to the support team once they consider it done, but wouldn't that remove it from their team's metrics?

The other solution they had was to have the support team create a Task for follow-up after the main issue is resolved but that's extra work that shouldn't be done. We can look into automation if needed. Not sure if this is something that needs defined on the business end or if someone has found a common solution for both dev and support teams to work together on one ticket. 

Another solution I had was to add a "User Confirmation" status AFTER Done so that way the dev team still gets credit for their work but it's not technically active (even though it is in a way) while the support team verifies the issue.

Does anyone else have experience with this issue and how did you handle it?

1 answer

1 vote
Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Sandy Hayes ,

I can suggest some possible options :

- having a workflow with all steps for both teams and split the status of the workflow between two different boards , one for dev and one for support. So you can match both needs and keep configuration simple.

- have two different issues ( and even two different issue types) , one for dev team and one for support team. Each with their own workflow. And through an automation when the issue of dev team goes to done, you automatically create a linked issue for support team through an automation.

Second option is more complex in terms of configuration but more flexible, each team have their own issues, boards, specific informations if needed , etc…

Does this helps ?

Fabrice

Sandy Hayes April 20, 2023

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you so much for these suggestions! I actually like the second option better so I'll look into that solution :)

Sandy

Like # people like this
Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hi Sandy,

Great, have fun in implementing and let me know if you need some help :)
Have a wonderful day,
Fabrice

Suggest an answer