Can a project summary be sent via email to management regarding past sprint work completed?

Adam Bell May 17, 2023

Once the Sprint has been closed, is it possible to maybe create/send an email from JIRA to defined email addresses that would offer a summary of work completed in the most recent closed sprint, for more than one project.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Adam Bell and welcome to the community!

Yes.  You can use automation.  Something like this should work:

• TRIGGER: Sprint Completed
  • ACTION: Lookup Issues
    • sprint IN ({{sprint}})
  • ACTION: Send Email
    • {{sprint.name}} just completed.  Here is what was completed for the sprint:

{{#lookupIssues}}
      * {{key}} - {{summary}}
      {{/}}
Adam Bell May 17, 2023

Thank you for the quick response! My apologies, but I am new to the Admin side of JIRA, and thus I do not know where to perform such action(s) as you described above. Please excuse my ignorance as I am learning the Admin side of JIRA.

Working through the JIRA admin UI, I have found the Automation, and am attempting the previous instruction.

Thanks

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

No problem - You can get to Automation from Project Settings >> Automation.  From there, you can create a new rule.  This guide can help you get started:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/automation/overview#what-is-automation

Like Adam Bell likes this
Adam Bell May 17, 2023

Thank you so much! I have set this up, and now I think I have a better understanding of the syntax and usage of this automation. Again, I greatly appreciate your quick response and help with this matter.

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events