Can Jira suggest a value for "Time Spent" when logging work on an issue?

Deleted user December 10, 2013

We're running an on demand version of Jira and have our own custom worklow set up. In our workflow there is a status called "In Progress". Every time a user initiates a transition out from this status we have configured a work log screen to appear.

What we would like is for the "Time Spent" field to be auto populated with the time spent since the user started progress on that issue.

Example:

1. User starts progress on issue X
  2. User spends 3 hours developing a fix for the issue
  3. User initiates our "Fix" transition and our work log acreen appears
  4. The "Time Spent" field is populated with 3h
  5. User is happy with the proposed work time (but should still have the option to change it)

Is this possible to acheive with an on demand instance of Jira?

Our transitions to and from the "In Progress" status are shown below. The "Start Progress" transition fires the "Work Started On Issue" event, and the "Fix" transition fires the "Work Stopped On Issue" event.

To Do --- Start Progress --> In Progress --- Fix --> Fixed

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013
Deleted user December 10, 2013

That would be an alternative solution, but doesn't really give me what I want. And I don't want to force yet another tool on our developers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events