Can Jira be used as an HR tool including payroll funtionality?

Samuel Schmidt January 4, 2022

Hello,

greetings. We are using Jira as a software management tool and currently we are trying out various HR tools incl. Workday, SAP SuccessFactors and Papayaglobal. The idea is to get international payroll function incl. country-specific compliance checks, benefits, Social Security (incl. MEDICARE) and tax reports for the authorities automated. Does Jira offer those functionality or does Jira allow implementation of HR software, e.g. SAP SF or papayaglobal?

Many thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Samuel Schmidt 

Jira doesn't have these features, however Jira can definitely be integrated with other popular HR tools which is what companies usually do.

For example use Jira for

• Onboarding employeed where a request is created in JSM
  • Based on action taken the employee's account can be created in AD
  • An asset can be created like Laptop
  • Courier number can be populated back in Jira ticket
  • Employee information can be sent to HR system (Name, Date etc)
  • ..and so on.

Some basic integration can be done using Automation rules by sending a web request, I have made videos showing these here and here. For a bit more complex automation you can also use ScriptRunner for Jira or write an interface outside Jira using REST API.

In your case I suggest you contact an Atlassian consultancy company to help you with your requirements.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

fahad iftikhar February 20, 2022

Hi,
Jira is not providing Payroll and HR features. You can find HR & Payroll solutions integrated with Jira Like Qloud HRMS (www.qloudhrms.com).

Fahad

0 votes
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2022

@Samuel Schmidt just for the record, I have replied to your question here 🤗 https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-discussions/How-to-automate-payroll-calculation-using-Jira/td-p/1805867#M5196 sometimes the community doesn't send reply notifications.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events