Can JIRA count story points as done in columns other than complete?

Monica Leahy November 16, 2020

My team would like to count story points once we move them to our Staging environment as the Development work is done and the QA team completes testing before the story is moved into production.  We updated our workflow to accommodate, however, the scrum board only counts story points for the items in the complete column.  Can we update the columns so that more than one counts the points? Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

No, Jira only looks at the very last column on the board to establish "done"

Thank you.  I suggested that we time box our sprints to align with our releases as one option. I also suggested that we close our stories when the development work is done and move them to a release management board once they are in QA and scheduled for a release.  They wanted an easier option to track from start to end.  Do you have any other suggestions?  

0 votes
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 16, 2020

Hi @Monica Leahy ,

while I'm not 100% sure whether this will return the data you're looking for but have you tried to create an additional board with the exact same filter but with the column mapping only being a subset of the whole process / the most right column being the one you want to report on?

Cheers
Thorsten

Interesting.  I will give it a try!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events