Can I use the advanced roadmap teams in custom fields?

Dominic Steinbach May 23, 2023

Hi all,

I would like to use the shared teams created in advanced roadmap in a select-list custom field. Is that possible and if so, how?

Thanks for you help.
Dominic

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Dominic Steinbach,

The advanced roadmaps teams are available in a system custom field, called Team. It is locked, so you cannot edit the field, but you can add it to your screens.

A couple of things that are good to know: the field only displays shared teams from advanced roadmaps. Plan specific teams will not be available. On top of that, a major change is coming to consolidate advanced roadmaps teams with the teams you find in the top navigation of Atlassian products. You may want to have a look at this community announcement to learn more about what that means.

Hope this helps! 

Hi @Walter Buggenhout ,

Thanks for the quick feedback. Allow me to be more precise with my question: can I use the values in an additional custom field (no the Team field)?

Scenario: my issues can have two teams, a leading team and a contributing team. I would like to create two custom fields of the same name and use the adv. roadmap groups to populate the select lists.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

That is unfortunately not possible. There is a lot more behind that team than just a list and it looks like its capabilities are only going to expand in the future.

However, if you assign teams to the lower level tasks (story level) in your hierarchy, advanced roadmaps lets you roll up the multiple engaged teams to the issues higher up in the hierarchy. Honestly, having multiple teams assigned to a single task usually feels a bit awkward.

Another workaround could be to create separate custom fields, but obviously not with those teams in them. And it is (or will be) possible as well to @-mention a team from a text or comment field to notify the team members like you can als do with individual users.

Makes sense. Thanks for re-confirming.

I will think about alternative solutions along the lines you suggested!

Thanks!!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events