Can I update a workflow by copying/overwriting it with another workflow?

Andrew Brett April 28, 2021

I have two workflows on the same project.  One is for handling bugs and the other is for handling new tasks etc.

They have the same steps - the only difference is the Bug Workflow uses different Screens that are specific to bugs.

However, I have now updated the Bug workflow processes quite extensively - which has taken quite some time - and I now need the Task workflow to have the same processes and steps.

Is there some way I can take a copy of the Bug workflow and have it overwrite the Task workflow?  I could then modify the screens for Task workflow.

If it can be done this would be a lot quicker than having to make all the same changes again to the Task workflow.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Andrew Brett  Welcome to community.

Just make a copy of the bug workflow that you want the task workflow to use.  Make all your screen adjustments and then update the workflow scheme on the project so that the tasks use the new workflow.  

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/add-edit-and-delete-an-issue-workflow-scheme/

Andrew Brett April 28, 2021

Thanks Brant.  A very simple and dare I say, obvious, answer now I think about it.  Appreciate your help

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer