Can I set Excel "Get Jira Data" to run automatically?

Tina Hannula July 20, 2021

Newbie to this Excel/Jira Cloud game & not an administrator. :) 

I am pulling data from Jira to populate an excel spreadsheet. I have a file that snags the data from Jira when I ask it to, but I'd like to automate it.  The option to "Re-run my query each time I open workbook" doesn't work when I open the file or with a check-out--it seems I have to actually hit the "Get Jira Data" button every time, then click the "Refresh Data" button. :(  Am I missing something somewhere? :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Not with excel but Google sheets allows scheduling - jira-cloud-for-google-sheets-official 

I saw that ability and was hoping it would have been available on Excel, too. :)  Thank you!

Jeremy Patterson June 15, 2023

Did you ever find an answer for Excel?

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2023

HI - I am looking for the solution to this too. I am personally not much of a Microsoft fan and this is fueling that fire (esp if Atlassian is able to do so with Google Sheets and not Microsoft Excel)

Please let me know if anyone found a way on this. Thanks in advance.

0 votes

CORRECTION:  I don't have to hit the "Refresh Data" button, just the "Get Jira Data" button.

Suggest an answer