Can I send "Acceptance" notifications to project members?

Davit Ebralidze
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Hi! I am interested in whether Jira has a next function: When a PM wants to end a sprint, but also wants to get approval from specific team members (f.e. Tech-Lead, QA, etc.), can I send a specific email that will redirect the requested person to a page that will suggest clicking accept the release or reject the release?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2024

Welcome @Davit Ebralidze 

I am not aware of any build in feature that would allow that kind of process. There might be some addons but if not maybe you can simply use jira for that. 

I am thinking that using a separate jira project and creating a ticket each time you need to close a sprint -> parent ticket (could be a Type - Sprint Closure) and then add sub-tasks per person that would be assigned to them and a simple workflow (Open -> Accepted / Rejected). 

When a sub-tasks is created then a notification could be sent and then person logs in and clock Accept or Rejects buttons. Then PM should see all results on a parent ticket. 

You might later also automate this if needed (e.g. auto approve / reject when at least one sub-task is rejected or all sub-tasks are accepted)  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events