• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I restrict a user to use a transition?

I wanted that in a specific transition all users could run it except for a few specific users.

I tried using the jira properties for this (jira.permission.move.group! = Test), but I didn't work.

Is there any way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green Community Leader Nov 26, 2020

Hi @artur.l.ext 

Welcome to the Community!

This is possible - the attached guide has a section on Conditions which should help: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/

If you need any help, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Regards, Liam

Hi @Liam Green

I can't find a transition that makes it possible for all users to do anything except one user or more. I found only conditions that only groups or users can do, but I didn't find conditions where groups or users can't do one transition. I have 300 or more users and all day I add or remove user and if I use this transition, I would have add and remove user from a group or in transition. Can you help me?

Regards, Artur

Liam Green Community Leader Nov 27, 2020

Hi @artur.l.ext 

If there are only a few users that you do not want to run the transition then you will need to add all users to a group apart from the users who should not run the transition.

What you could then do is have all users automatically join the group when you create them - then you can just remove them if needed.

Secondly, you could try an add on from the Marketplace.  I think Jira Misc Workflow Extensions would work for you - but I don't have any first hand experience, so couldn't say for certain: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope that helps,

Regards, Liam

I confirm, you can do this with a "Build-your-own" Condition from JMWE for Jira Cloud, with a script like this:

!["account ID","account ID"].includes(user.accountId)

where "account ID" is the accountId of the forbidden users. You can lookup the accountId for users using the "Lookup user..." button on the editor's toolbar.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

130 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you