Can I move several issues in Jira simultaneously?

Hi community,

I wonder if there is the possibility to move several issues at one time to another project. Or otherwise unite two Projects. We have some projects that are splitted and now I want to put them together. 

Moving every issue seperately would be very laborious and error-prone.

Thanks for your answers!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes.  If you run a search for the issues you want to move, and get the list, you should find an option to "bulk edit" in the tools drop-down to the top right of the issue navigator (the list of issues)

That option will ask you what you want to do with the issues, and you should find that "move" is one of those options.  That will let you select a project, and then walk you through any questions it has (this happens when projects are configured differently)

You will need three permissions to do this:

• The global "bulk edit" permission
  • Create issue in the target project
  • Move issue in the source project

Thank you a lot! That helped me

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,479 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you