Can I map workflows to a Scrum board showing multiple projects?

Jenn Spam June 26, 2019

I am trying to build a daily standup Scrum board, where the swimlanes are people and the columns are the workflow statuses. When expanded it shows all of someone's tasks in the current sprint of every project we are on. A person can be assigned tasks in multiple projects, so I need to see the entire workload of that person in 1 place. During our standup I want to be ale to quickly expand a person, run down their tasks with them and drag-n-drop to the most updated workflow status/column. All projects have the same workflow and thus the same set of columns. I have everything working except mapping the workflow to the columns so dragging and dropping adjusts the status correctly. Is this possible? I can add columns but they seem arbitrary and not linked to statuses. Help?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2019

On a Scrum board, the columns are groups of status (often just one status, but that's still a group of one). 

You have to tell the board what status you want in each column.  Just adding a column is not enough (as a column could be called something different to a status, and you might want more than one in there).  So go to Board -> Configure -> Columns and have a look at your new column - you'll want to drag and drop status from the left-hand side (or other columns) into it.

Remember to keep the last, rightmost, column as "done", with all the "end of process" / "done" / "no more attention needed" type status in it

Jenn Spam June 26, 2019

Got it! I couldn't figure out where to grab the statuses from but found it! Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer