Can I make my project on the free version of Jira Software (Cloud) viewable for the public?

Anthony Grant November 20, 2020

My friend and I are using Trello since it is free and we can show prospective employers our project tickets and workflow. I found that Jira does have a free version however our main objective is to be able to have it viewable to the public. I have tried extensively to make it viewable by the public; but I believe the free version does not have that access. 

To be more clear I want anyone who puts in my url https://theplatform1.atlassian.net/  to be able to see my Jira board. Am I correct to say that this is not possible for the free version. 

Please don't copy and paste the directions for the non free versions. I have tried those unsuccessfully.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Hi Anthony - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, each person viewing information in Jira will need a license.

Jira Service Management has a concept of Customers who can be public and enter and see information. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2020

Hi @Anthony Grant 

How many people do you need with access at once?

The free Jira Cloud license supports up to 10 users.  Have you considered providing access to only your active customers, and then rotate them out once delivery is completed, making room for new customers?

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events