Can I make fields mandatory when moving an issue from one project to another ?

Fiona Brown March 29, 2023

I want to be able to make some fields be mandatory when an issue is moved from Project A to Project B. Does anyone know a way to do this ? 

Thanks,

Fiona

1 answer

0 votes
Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Fiona Brown 

Welcome to the community!

You need to set field as required in Field Configuration Scheme. During moving issue Jira will mark this field as required to fill.

Hope it will help you!

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Fiona Brown March 29, 2023

Thanks but I only want these to be mandatory when they come from the other project not when raised as an issue in the project. 

The use case is L2 support team need to add details of triaging steps before they move the issue to L3 team's project

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

@Fiona Brown If you have defined required custom fields for your issue that do not exist in your target project, you must set values for them. You will only be prompted to enter the values for required custom fields in the target project that are missing values. If the custom fields of your original project also exist in your target project, and these custom fields are not required in the target project, you may need to set values for them, to move the issue successfully. If you wish to change the existing values for other fields on your issue, you can do this after the move is complete.

Regards,
Sushant Verma

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events