Can I make a field read-only in a transition, or all transitions?

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Related to that, I have still not succeeded in removing None from the options in a single-selection field, although I made it Required in the Custom field configuration.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

You would need something like Scriptrunner and Behaviours in order to make the field read-only.

And regarding the None option, the only way to remove it is to set a default value for the custom field.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2023

For a single selection field, I set a default value and I made it required in a Field Configuration I created, in a Field Configuration Scheme I created.  I'm not convinced I connected everything as it should be, because the field still contains the None option and its label is not followed by an asterisk in transition screens.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events