Can I limit access to most users to only see a custom dashboard, create a ticket and search?

George Triantafyllopoulos April 28, 2020

We are not a technical organisation, and we are going to use jira to track our internal processes better. I am trying to create an environment for our members that is not complicated to follow - I remember when I was working as an agent in the past, we basically only had access to a dashboard with our tickets and the option to create a ticket and search for them. I assume it was done in a server level, while I am now using the cloud jira. But I would like to create something similar. I guess I am trying to remove the main toolbar essentially: Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 5.09.27 PM.pngDoes that make sense?

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2020

Hi George - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can't hide the menu options from the User, but you CAN control what projects, dashboards and issues the user can see if they click on one of those. 

That is all handled by the permission schemes attached to the project, or the how the dashboards or filters for boards are shared. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events