Can I include the original ticket description in both the notification and the portal view?

Steven.Dudeck June 17, 2022

Currently, the reporter of the issue receives a simple email confirming receipt. Can I configure that email notification to contain the original ticket description? 

When users access the client portal the Original description isn't listed. Only the comment thread. I'd like to review the original request. 

Along the same lines, can the email notifications that are sent when client or agents comment can that email contain the thread that's on the ticket as well?

Thank you for your help,

Steven

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hi Stephen,

You can modify the notifications that go to customers under project settings Dash customer notifications. For example you can edit the issue created event and add the desired info. 

you cannot provide a threaded email response currently. There are addon mail handler options for this or you can wait for an open suggestion to be resolved. I understood that this was something that would be delivered this year but I can’t say for sure.

Steven.Dudeck June 20, 2022

I see in "Templates" where I can update what the email notification reports back. Unfortunately, it's in HTML or CSS which I don't write. Is there a tutorial on all the variables I can add and how to do it? All I'd like is to include the full text of the request in the initial notification email.

The other issue is when the customer logs into their incident portal to view the ticket, the original request isn't being shown anywhere. Can I change that?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Steven.Dudeck .

First and foremost I believe that you are using Jira Service Management here not Jira SW, please correct me if I'm mistaken. You should be able to achieve this without any need for HTML or CSS. Below is an illustration of what you need to do. First do you know need to go into project settings than customer notifications.

2022-06-20_13-34-56.jpg2022-06-20_13-35-41.jpg

Now in regards to your second question, I'm not sure I understand why the customer does not see this information. If a customer logs into the portal and in the upper right they click on their requests they've created they should see a list of issues they've created. If they then click on one of those issues Will expand providing all of the available details. Please share images of what you were saying if you're not seeing what you hope to achieve.

Steven.Dudeck July 20, 2022

@Brittany.Loy  Check this out.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2023

Hi @Steven.Dudeck  - Did Jack's response answer your question? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events