Can I edit the Slack create issue template?

Joaquin Brillembourg October 27, 2020

I'm testing the Slack - JIRA integration. Specifically creating issues within Slack.

When I use the /jira create command, it opens a pop-up with a default template to create the issue.

My question is, can I edit or change that template or format? Is there a way to customize what is shown in that pop-up?

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 9.25.14 AM.png

I want to use this reporting for a non-technical department of the company, so I want to make it as easy as possible for them.

2 answers

3 votes
David Michelson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2020

I want to use this reporting for a non-technical department of the company, so I want to make it as easy as possible for them.

Awesome use case! We've definitely heard customer teams using the Slack integration to get more types of users to contribute to Jira, and I'm glad to hear you are too.

Right now, there is no way to customize the template/format in Slack. However, we recently added the ability to dynamically bring in fields for a specific project/issue type, where previously you could only fill out the Summary / Description. 

What sort of template/format were you thinking of adding? 

labdul March 25, 2021

Hi David, this is possible or not yet? 

Like # people like this
ntrevisan September 22, 2022

@David Michelson no update on this?

Like Leonid Lychev likes this
Leonid Lychev July 31, 2023

No update yet?? 

Like Katarzyna Polanska likes this
0 votes
Franz Ebner July 28, 2021

A custom text template for the Description field would make it easier for non-devs to report in a pre-defined way.
Could be that easy:

Expected Behavior

Current Behavior

Possible Solution

Steps to Reproduce

Context (Environment)

Detailed Description

Possible Implementation

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN