Can I create a specific due date on a Child Issue ?

Sam Evanson July 15, 2021

Can I create a specific due date on a Child Issue in Jira Kanban?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

Hi Sam, I think I need more information on your goal here since of course you can set any due date on any issue so there must be more to your question.

Thanks Jack,

Sorry for the poor explanation. 

I would like to be able to see the Due Date assigned to the Child Issue in preview here :

2.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

This can be configured under the administration section. Go into the system area general configuration and then advanced settings. In there you will find the following…

jira.table.cols.subtasks

The columns to show when viewing sub-task issues in a table

note that you will need site administration permission to do this. Also realize that this will change it for all projects in your instance as it is a system configuration not project specific.

Thanks Tom,

3.PNG

Is this what i should be typing in ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2021

Tom?

yes that is the correct property.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Dave Capperino June 3, 2022

This tip was useful and exctly what I wanted to to achieve as well. However, I made the change and I am not seeing the due date on the preview. Any ideas? I have refreshed the apge even gotten all the way out of Jira and still not seeing the due date.image.pngimage.png

Like Martin Vega likes this
SS April 12, 2023

Your screenshot is showing 'Child Issues' not 'sub-tasks', maybe that is why you are not seeing changes to the sub-task display.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events