Can I create a chart that will group parent cascading fields and breakdown the child fields?

Robby Treviño September 13, 2022

We are trying to organize tasks on a specific project and have created a custom field using the cascading fields option. There are main categories (parents) and sub categories (children) that can now be applied to a ticket. When making a report or chart it seems I am only able to break things down at the sub category level (it includes the parent category in the title but each section of the pie is dedicated to a sub-cat). Instead we want to be able to view a chart of the breakdown of the categories (parents) then another view of the breakdown of the sub categories (children) per each category. 

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Hello @Robby Treviño 

Welcome to the community.

With a cascading field the final value in the field is a combination of the values selected from each level.

I don't think the type of report you are trying to build is available with native Jira functionality. You may need to look at the Atlassian Marketplace for a third party app that extends reporting functionality, or consider changing how you specify those parent and child categorizations.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events