Can I change the appearance of Required fields in transitions?

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2023

In Jira software workflows, I've seen an asterisk appear after Required field labels, and I've seen them not appear (reason unknown to me).  Most recently, I've seen no asterisks after fields I set as Required in transition validators.

If we consider the lack of asterisks, and lack of font color (red), as in need of eventual enhancement by Atlassian, is there a workaround whereby I can set the field name in red font and follow it with an asterisk?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2023

Hello @Phil Bustin 

An asterisk will appear next to a field when it has been set as Required in the Field Configuration.

If it is required based on the presence of a Validator in a Workflow Transition, and asterisk will not appear.

I don't have an answer for you concerning changing the appearance of such a field in the transition screen.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events