Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I add mandatory fields in Team managed projects?

As stated in the question I want to create a team managed Kanban in order to have the option of creating new Issues directly on the Kanban board (Which isn't possible on the company based one).

In order to do that I also need a lot of custom fields and I would want to make some of the mandatory (e.g. Where should the object be sent and until when is it needed)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-22 um 12.04.09.png

Sadly I don't see any option to make fields mandatory. Is there a workaround for this?

Thx for your answers

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Franz Lorenz Salas 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

I don't think so this is available in Team managed project in Jira Cloud.

Few users have already raised feature request to Atlassian on the same, you can vote and watched this feature request. Here is the link for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17631?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=323d3493-8a65-4ea1-a702-b12accd8f0cf

Regards,

Mayur

Allowing teams to have required fields on issue creation is something that will be available in next-gen, although it is not something that we will be focusing on in the next 6 months. We want to share this with you to ensure you can plan out your use of projects within Jira Software effectively. In the short term we recommend teams use classic projects when you need to mark certain fields as mandatory on issue creation.

Hi Keshawn Lakin, Is this feature developed as per said 6 months. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

168 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you