Can I add mandatory fields in Team managed projects?

Franz Lorenz Salas October 22, 2021

As stated in the question I want to create a team managed Kanban in order to have the option of creating new Issues directly on the Kanban board (Which isn't possible on the company based one).

In order to do that I also need a lot of custom fields and I would want to make some of the mandatory (e.g. Where should the object be sent and until when is it needed)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-22 um 12.04.09.png

Sadly I don't see any option to make fields mandatory. Is there a workaround for this?

Thx for your answers

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hi @Franz Lorenz Salas 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

I don't think so this is available in Team managed project in Jira Cloud.

Few users have already raised feature request to Atlassian on the same, you can vote and watched this feature request. Here is the link for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17631?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=323d3493-8a65-4ea1-a702-b12accd8f0cf

Regards,

Mayur

Keshawn Lakin October 22, 2021

Allowing teams to have required fields on issue creation is something that will be available in next-gen, although it is not something that we will be focusing on in the next 6 months. We want to share this with you to ensure you can plan out your use of projects within Jira Software effectively. In the short term we recommend teams use classic projects when you need to mark certain fields as mandatory on issue creation.

Vamshi Krishna Vallabhaneni April 25, 2022

Hi Keshawn Lakin, Is this feature developed as per said 6 months. 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022
David Wong August 7, 2022

Hi @Mayur Jadhav

Hope you are well! 

Wondering if this is available for self managed projects yet? 

Thanks, 

Dave 

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2022

Hello @David Wong Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!

Yes this is available on Company managed projects.

David Wong August 7, 2022

Hi @Mayur Jadhav

Thank you! 

Is this available on Team Managed Projects as well? is so, would you be able to link me the instructions? 

Thanks, 
Dave  

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2022

@David Wong Atlassian has considered feature request and working on it. You may please follow the Feature Request, and you can add yourself as watcher for any update you will be notified.

Ability to have Required fields in team-managed projects

Like David Wong likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 15, 2022
Like Mayur Jadhav likes this
Garth Smitman February 21, 2023

Has anyone had the experience that the Required checkbox IS available in their Sandbox Instance, but IS NOT available within their production instance?

Jill Vieregge May 18, 2023

I thought I couldn't see them either . . . but if its a Context field you have to expand the field to see it.Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 4.41.09 PM.png

Edrick April 9, 2024

we really need the ability to make the issue description fields required on the team-managed projects. 

Suggest an answer