Can I access two instances of Jira in a portfolio

I want to be able to access two instances of Jira from one portfolio.  The porfolio is located in Jira instance A, and there is a project in Jira instance B that I want to merge details into.  Is this possible?

4 answers

1 accepted

As Nic mentioned, you can also use Backbone Issue Sync in order to do that.

The structure is the same as Francis suggested. You don't have to replicate all the information to Jira A, you can limit it to the information which you actually need there.

In order to start this off, you should create the duplicate projects in Jira A and setup a sync between each of the source projects in Jira B (or C, D...) and you should be good to go.

Of course, feel free to also drop us a mail at support@k15t.com.

3 votes

No, because Portfolio works on top of local Jira data.

It has no knowledge of instance B because it's installed in A.

There is a simple workaround though - duplicate the project from B into A, using one of the synchronisation add-ons (Backbone and Exalate are the two I've done this with)

Yes - we did a POC where one master JIRA was connected to multiple team jira's using Exalate .

star-diagram.png

Features, created on the master are broken down into epics, and escalated towards the different team jira's.  These exalated issues are broken down into stories and prioritized.  The status of the epic being reported back to the master jira as the project progressed.  

On the master, portfolio is used to create the required visibility.

Let us know if you would like to continue the discussion by sending an email to support@exalate.com

Francis

0 vote

Thank you everyone!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,134 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot