Can Feature file be uploaded in Jira to maintain test cases?

Veena Dubey June 2, 2017

We have Feature files for test cases which we want to upload in Jira with Zephyr to maintain the test executions and status, is it possible?

3 answers

2 votes
Arun Ravindran June 5, 2017

Thanks Nic and Nick.Appreciate your inputs a lot

Hi Veena

If I understood your query correctly , you cannot bulk import files as such to Zephyr using our importer utility

As Nic and Nick mentioned you can import test cases, test steps,Label etc using our importer utility and then manually uplaod files to each test cases imported

Also please note that our importer utility is an open source.Theresore you can modify it as per your requirements

https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/src

Thanks

Zephyr Support

1 vote
wadey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

Zephyr has a JIRA import utility with a very comprehensive guide on how to transform and structure the content of your current written test feature files into a set of fields that can be imported - you can find it here: https://www.getzephyr.com/insights/getting-started-zephyr-jira-importer-utility

Hope this helps. 

Veena Dubey June 4, 2017

Thanks Nick, but this doesn't solve my query if I can upload Feature Files as test cases in Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2017

I think your "feature files" need some explanation.  The Zephyr importer does import test cases for use within Zephyr, but you need to explain why it's not working for your files.

wadey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Veena, closest thing I could find with a little Googling is a Cucumber format known as a "Feature File". Like Nic mentions, at this point it's probably best if you describe those in more depth to Arun from Zephyr on the reply below. 

Hope this helps, -nick

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

You can attach files to JIRA issues, but I'm not sure that covers all of your question.  Could you explain a little more about what you want from these files?

Veena Dubey June 2, 2017

We have written test cases in Feature files but would like to run then using Zephyr along with test steps and data, is it possible to upload and convert in correct format?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2017

Ah, I see, you have written test cases in one format, and want to convert them into Zephyr cases.

I think you should have a look at the Zephyr importer functions - they have ways of importing test steps, but you may need to convert your "feature files" into a standard format for them.

Suggest an answer