I need a JQL that can do all the following:
1) Add all story points of stories, bugs, new features, and improvements in a given month.
2) Only count story points greater than 0 and anything larger than 20 is a waste.
3) I need the filter to be reusable so it can be applied month-to-month.
4) I need the total story points displayed in confluence.
Hello @Matthew Ragone
Welcome to the community.
Jira will not calculate story point totals in that way, out of the box. You will have to look into an app that will give you that sort of additional reporting capabilities. Here are some of the challenges.
- JIRA doesn't track the month in which a story is completed. It tracks the full date a story was completed, and does not provide any filtering or aggregation based on the month of completion.
- You want a "reusable" query. If you want a query that you can use each month without modification each month, then you could use something in the filter like
resolutiondate > startofmonth() and resolutiondate<endofmonth()
but the filter would have to be run each month to collect the data. JIRA doesn't provide a method OTB to "prompt" for a user to supply a value to plug into a filter.
You might be able to find an app that would generate a bar chart for you, aggregating the data per month specified in the resolution date, and totaling the Story Points field. Then your query would just need to filter for the issues based on project, type, and story points being greater than 0 and less than 20.
Can you provide a bit more context on why you're wanting this report? Is this because you're managing one or more Scrum teams and you're trying to measure various sprint-based metrics?
If so, there is a lot of out of the box functionality to report on Sprint metrics that are probably better suited than a JQL Filter.
Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events