CSV import too slow

Cyrielle Charrier January 19, 2021

Hello,

I have a problem with the import from a CSV which does not have many columns or lines (10x7), it is very slow when I try to import tickets (3% in 20 minutes).

Whereas I have done it last week for the same project, with a 250 lines files, it was very fast.

Could you help me ?

Thank you so much

Cyrielle

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hi @Cyrielle Charrier , 

I don't have any issue on my side, if your file is only 10 lines or so it should only take a few seconds. Do you maybe have a lot of issue links ?

Otherwise I would advise to just cancel and start again.

let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Cyrielle Charrier January 19, 2021

Hi @Alexis Robert 

Thank you for your answer !
No issue links in my file... I have tried 5 times, and always the same problem.

I will be patient .... and copy/paste manually ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Cyrielle

praj October 13, 2021

I am also facing same issue, trying to update 91 issues and 4 fields only. Tried multiple  times and no luck. 

Benjamin Peikes March 31, 2022

I'm having the same issue. Trying to add 70 issues from csv, it's been 30 minutes, and it's only validated 11%

Rebecca McMahon June 2, 2022

Having this same issue right now as well. Only 212 records but lots of links to other projects. 

@Alexis Robert - can you confirm the links could be the cause? 

Mike Haward September 2, 2022

I have this issue also.  600 rows, 2 hours in and it is at 23%...

Mike Haward September 3, 2022

So it finished after 11 hours:

-631 issue/s will be created correctly
671 issue/s will be created with warnings
1048428 issue/s will not be created due to errors
I don't understand the 1048428.  Where are they from?!??  Its a file of 679 rows.   I have confirmed this by opening the file in notepad.  Is the import process running some kind of loop?
Rebecca McMahon September 4, 2022

@Mike Haward 

I found my file size was huge for some reason and copying only the fields with data and placing in a new blank sheet and saving seemed to fix it. It was as if there was phantom data it was trying to import in the original file?

Mike Haward September 5, 2022

yes @Rebecca McMahon it seems when I save from excel -> .csv it is creating a million blank rows after the data set.  When I open the file in notepad it only opens the 679 rows with data. I then have to *save* the file in notepad to ensure it doesn't have all the blank rows.  Previously I had just been opening it in notepad, seeing it only had 679 rows, and then quitting out.

So I have resolved the issue now.  Thankfully!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events