CSV Import project managed by teams

Alejandra Martin December 16, 2021

Hi everyone. How can import project defined by  project type managed by teams?

I try to import using csv with Project Name, Project Key, and Project Type = software, but Jira import under project by company type

I need to discover how type is correct for mi projects, because manually i created several using managed by teams.

Regards in advance!!!

Alejandra from Uruguya

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hello @Alejandra Martin 

Welcome to the community.

It is not currently possible to specify that the new project to be created during CSV Import be a Team Managed project.

You will have to create the Team Managed project first in your Jira instance and then import the issues.

Note that there are other problems with trying to import issues into a Team Managed project. For example, you cannot link an issue to an Epic during data imports to Team Managed projects.

Rahul March 6, 2023

@Trudy  - I have got a team managed project setup but the import issues from CSV option isn't in the Top menu. To get the import option do I have to enable specific configuration?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Hello @Rahul 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

Please start a new Question in the community and provide the details of your scenario rather than posting on an Question that is over a year old. If something about this Question is relevant to your scenario, then mention that in your post and provide a link to this Question.

Like Rahul likes this
Michael Ballenger August 17, 2023

I'm running into significant issues importing into a team-managed project.  Most of the fields do not import to their corresponding fields in the project. 

This said, I am trying to use this to create a copy of an existing team managed project.  I couldn't use the existing project as a template for the new one, so I created the new project and assigned the fields to match the existing project.

When mapping during the import process, my assumption is that if it's standard Issue type or component type field it should match to an issue field versus a custom field.  But I notice when attempting to move (using filters and bulk move) I do have to set mappings for issue type and status, as they don't seem to map 1:1 in team-managed projects.  I have to wonder if Team managed projects actually use standard issue field columns.

Thoughts?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events