CSV Import - Task link to existing Story

JonPaton October 11, 2018

I'm trying to import tasks with a "relates to" link but am not getting the link...

My CSV has a column for the existing issue I want the new issue to relate to.

When I map CSV to JIRA I map my field "Relates" to "Issue Id" (under Links and sub-tasks)

However when then loading my file the link does not appear (although load is successful). 

Finally I tried this where I set the values in relates to Issue Key (load is also successful). 

Atlassian documentation is not very good on this... it really should be a simple mapping exercise in my mind ...(I also note that there appears to be no place where you can map or note the type of link.... eg Blocks or Relates ....)

Using JIRA Cloud for Business 

Any Help would be appreciated ...

Issue TypePriorityAssigneeDue dateDescriptionCustom field (Epic Link)Custom field (Start date)Relates
TaskMediumUser 101/12/20183E-6-1-1: Description of the task

Adding a task related to a story (while also linking to the Epic)
WBT01-5725/10/201810076

1 answer

0 votes
Morgan Folsom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi Jon, 

Your file sample looks alright, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the mapping. 

To clarify, What are you mapping the Relates column to?

The column should be mapped to Link "relates"

To import multiple link types, you would have multiple columns and map them each to the appropriate Link type.

Also, Issue ID or Issue Type should work to map them. 

If that's not working, feel free to attach a screenshot of your mapping page. 

Morgan

Jon Paton October 12, 2018

Thanks so much ... I don’t see the option to map to link (relate). I see Issue id and parent id.  

I tried both Issue Id and Issue Key ... makes me think I’m maybe I’m using the wrong function ... I used the csv import from the issue search drop down - is there something I’m missing?

Jon

Suggest an answer