CSV Import - Permissions issue

Pau Aurin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying yo update my own tasks via csv and I'm receiving the following error:

Sorry, you do not have permission to perform this action.. PermissionInsightException: User JIRAUSER178560 didn't have correct permission Sorry, you do not have permission to perform this action.

Shall I need admin role in Jira to update my tasks via CSV file?

1 answer

0 votes
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2023

Hi Pau Aurin,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

As the friendly to Jira Admin:- Here you need to System Admin permission to Upload the CSV.

Please refer the below link for steps to upload the CSV.

Accept the Answer If it helps you.

Regards,

Sanjen Bariki

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

@Sanjen Bariki 

You do not have to be a System Admin to import a CSV file. 

Non-admins can import a CSV file from the Advanced Issue Search screen and from the Create Issues dialog. There are some fields that will not be available in the Field Mapping step of the import wizard for non-admins.

Also, the link you provided is for Jira Server/DC while the OP has tagged their post as being for Jira Cloud.

Here is the correct link for Cloud:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events