CSV Import Issues

Charles Vinasoy July 1, 2021

We have 2 cloud instances let's name them CloudA and CloudB.

I am currently migrating the projects from CloudA to CloudB by exporting the issues as CSV as suggested by Atlassian Community.

I created a new project on CloudB that match the settings, KEY, board settings, etc, from CloudA

Mapping the fields on the importing process was a pain in the butt.

I have some warnings after importing about the users and issue-task are not successful.

I have issues where all the import issue-task are all reporter is assigned to me and the assignees are all unassigned. 

Is there something I missed?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

A few thoughts…

1. be sure to run sample imports until you get it the way you want. Then save the import template for future imports.
  2. you can update existing issues via CSV import by including the issue ID in the CSV. Again be sure to do sample imports on this.
  3. it seems that your primary issue is associated with users so carefully inspect the users in your CSV. Ensure that the reporter and assignee fields in your CSV are either new in which case you will create new users in your instance or the user IDs exactly match which should be the user’s emails
  4. if you simply are unable to get this to work you can import in a sorted manner where say all issues where the reporter is Fred and assignee is Sally. This would allow you to then perform a bulk edit and change the reporter and assignee if it has you as reporter and unassigned. Painful? Yes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events