• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

CLI or API to find Issue Type Schemes that are NOT associated with Projects?

Has the API or CLI ever supported the ability to find Issue Type Schemes that are not associated with any projects?

In the UI, I can see Schemes with "No Projects" listed. But all of them show as Deletable.

And I've got an old auditing script that calls this:

acli --action getIssueTypeSchemeList --columns "Delete Enabled, Name, Projects"

But all it outputs is a single-column with "Name".

---

In this old ruby wrapper for CLI in 2017 I find mention of a deleteEnabled option:

acli --action getIssueTypeSchemeList --options "deleteEnabled"

But when I get the same list as if I run it without those options, and it does not include a list of Projects: 

77 issue type schemes in list

"Id","Name","Description","Default Issue Type","Issue Types"

I guess Issue Type Schemes are always deletable (except for the default), so it makes sense the option doesn't work.

But it makes cleaning up ones that are not associated with any projects a real pain.

---

I even poked around in the API, where I could find APIs to:

• Get a list of the schemes (but *NOT* associated projects)
  • Get a list of the schemes and their associated issue types

And this sounded promising:

• Get issue type schemes for projects
    • Returns a paginated list of issue type schemes and, for each issue type scheme, a list of the projects that use it.

Unfortunately, it requires you to give it a projectId, or up to 50 projectIds. But I'm looking for Issue Type Schemes that DON'T have an Issue Type Scheme.

I suppose I could dump the list of all Schemes, and then iterate through the projects that are associated with schemes and figure it out by process of elimination?

Ugh.

So did the API (and therefore CLI) used to support this functionality?

Thanks!

1 answer

Hi @Darryl Lee ,

We are from Bobswift Support team and have created a support request in our portal to discuss more on your requirement.

We request you to please access the support request https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-5122 to discuss more on this issue.

Thanks,
Manisha

Hey, I'd love to access the ticket, but my existing login (with Lucid Motors) wasn't  granted access. I've created an account with the same email as my Community profile, but that wasn't enough to grant access.

If you search, you should see a Darryl Lee in your system with a gmail account. That's me. (Hopefully.) Thanks.

Hi @Darryl Lee 

We have made you Reporter of the ticket, please try to access and this https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-5122 

We would like to inform you that you can get the list of the IssueTypeScheme not associated with the project and associated with the project using the CLI action getIssueTypeSchemeList.

After executing the below CLI action you will get the list of IssueTypeSchemeList. This will provide all the Issue Type Scheme list in the file "test.csv".

--action getIssueTypeSchemeList --file "test.csv"

Now, please open the file in the excel sheet and filter the record where the project is blank.

Please let us know if you need further information.

Thanks,
Manisha

I ran:

acli --action getIssueTypeSchemeList --file "test.csv"

Against my Cloud instance, and do not see a Projects column in the CSV. Rather, I only see this:

"Id","Name","Description","Default Issue Type","Issue Types"

I'm running what I think is the latest version of the client:

Client name: jiracloud, Client version: 9.4.0, Client build: 2020-09-13T19:25:05, Java: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.5, OS: Mac OS X 10.14.6

So... I don't know if this is a Server thing, or maybe you've got a different version of CLI?

Note, that even though I've linked the same Google account to https://bobswift.atlassian.net/, I am unable to see the ticket:
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/SUPPORT-5122

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,044 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you