CHANGED keyword on issue type

Jeff Brateman December 21, 2017

According to the JIRA advanced searching docs, the CHANGED (and *WAS*) operators can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status fields only.

Are there any plans to add this to the 'issuetype' field? We'd like to query when someone changed an issue type from a Bug to a Task, Bug to a Feature, or Feature to a Bug. Is there another way to query for this historical information?

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Jeff,

I think that's an excellent ask.  I would go to JAC and create a Suggestion for this feature and post the link here once you've created it so the Community can vote on the request and add impact.

In the meantime there is an article titled How to List Issue Type changes of Issues in JIRA that provides guidance on how to get a list of issue type changes of issues in JIRA:

• Run the following SQL command to list the changes:
select * from changeitem where field = 'issuetype';

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Jeff Brateman December 21, 2017

Thanks! I created JRASERVER-66552 for the related suggestion.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting the link!  I have voted for this issue and added this post to the internal comments for our developers.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer