Bypass Comment Screen for Specific User

Hizkeel Khan August 31, 2022

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I have designed the workflow in such a way that someone for e.g. transition a ticket from In progress Column to Ready for QA column, comment screen will pop-up asking the user to enter the comment about the work. 

Although this is working fine for me. I want to bypass this condition for some specific users. If that user wants to transition from one column to another, the comment screen should not show. 

Is there a way I can do this? I hope I have made my question clear. 

Waiting for your replies. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

You can do this, but you'll need an app or script to provide a new condition for you.

Basically, create two transitions that do the same thing, but slightly differently:

• In-progress -> Done, condition: group A cannot use this, with a transition screen
  • In-progress -> Done, condition: only group A can use this, with no transition screen

You'll note this removes the whole transition screen though, if you have other fields group A should fill in, it won't help you

The other option is to remove comment permission from group A, either in the project permissions or with a workflow property on the status you are coming out of.

Hizkeel Khan September 6, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - Thank you so much for the answer. This is what I wanted. Create two transitions with different conditions.  

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

There is no way to restrict a comment required during transition for some users only. At least not OOTB. You could consider a different status that only certain users could transition to which would not require a comment.

Hizkeel Khan August 31, 2022

So within the same workflow I cannot have this functionality? The comment screen should remain the same for the transition statuses I described. 

The status should be the same for everyone in the workflow. 

Thanks for your answer.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

OOTB none that I am aware of.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events