Business projects: Integration third hierarchy to task and subtask possible -visually in timeline?

Wolfgang Wernig September 24, 2021

Hello,

In the project templates (business project) there are basically 2 process types - task and subtask. These are also shown visually in the list and the timeline in a structured manner. The subtask is subordinate to the task.

My question:
Is it possible to add a 3rd level?
So that a structure consists of 3 levels.

As an an example:

Currently:
-Task
- subtask

New:
-Phase
- task
- subtask

The 1st level (phase) and the 2nd level (task) should be visually visible in the timeline.
The 3rd level should be like in the software project templates (srum).

I look forward to your feedback, thank you very much.List.pngTimeline.png

2 answers

1 vote
Jordan Locke January 19, 2022

Hi, 
I am hoping for answer to this as well. 
I need an epic level so that is can all be seen in our Plan. 

Thanks

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2021

Hi Wolfgang,

You can try adding an Epic to the Issue Type Scheme. But the Epic will need to use the same workflow as the Task and Sub-task issue types to not break the Board. 

I have not tried that 3 deep with the Timeline so I hope it works for you!

Maíra Matos November 17, 2021

Hi Wolfgang, I'm interested in knowing how to do this hierarchy upgrade with Epics in business projects, but all i got was  enabling the creation of Epic. Couldn't find the way to organize the hierarchy for those issues to appear just like in software projects. do you know how to do it?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

If you create an Epic, and then Tasks under the Epic, they will be linked. 

Jordan Locke January 19, 2022

Yes but with a business project, that is not visual. It only shows that when you go to the epic. But the List view doesn't show the hierarchy with Epics. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

Yes, that is true. The developers are aware of that and the fix is in their roadmap, but not sure of a timeline. 

Deleted user May 4, 2022

We have people using Monday.com for project management, and we'd like them to use Jira instead, but this lack of hierarchy support may be a non-starter.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events