Business Project Template: How to change the way sub-tasks are displayed in the board, timeline and

Tomasz Smal May 10, 2021

Hi,

I was looking for information on the forum, but I did't find it.

I created a business project based on the "Task tracking" scheme/template & I've a problem with displaying sub-tasks on the board & list views.

1. Sub-tasks don't show up under the parent task in the board view.

jira1.jpg

Can it be set like this?

Screenshot_2021-05-10 Tablica MIP - Agile Board - Jira.png

2. Is it possible to display subtasks on the timeline like in a software project's roadmap under epics?

3. On the list view, everything is sorted by key or summary on the A-Z, Z-A principle. I added subtasks to task 1, 2 & 3 & then back to task 1 & that subtask doesn't show under main task 1 but at the end of the list. Can it be changed to make it more logical?

jira3.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Tomasz Smal  - The board now has an icon that shows if there are sub-tasks associated with the issue. And if you hover over the icon, you can know how many are complete. 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Tomasz Smal 

I don't think these new features list, forms, calendar and timeline offers lot of configurations yet. May be raise a feature request?

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events